Seven random things about me.
1. I hate matchy-matchy things. I like contrast. I like color, patterns and texture. It's taken me many years to realize this about myself. I especially enjoy colorful accessories against a very basic, neutral palette.
2. Clutter doesn't bother me, but I am intensely aware that it bothers others, so I try to do something about it in my own environment. If I were to visit your home, clutter would be a positive sign that we are likeminded.
3. Almost 4 years ago, a neighbor and I were becoming friends. I invited her over for lunch one day and she mocked me when I shared my excitement about learning to knit. I never spoke with her after that . . . but I did keep knitting.
4. I believe that nothing is more important than sharing somebody's excitement if they've made an effort to let you in on what they're truly passionate about.
5. I abuse adverbs when I write. I often re-read my blog posts and take them out. Even after I edit, there are usually way too many.
6. My biggest pet peeve are bloggers who fail to edit their posts when there are obvious grammatical or spelling errors. If a reader tells me about a spelling or grammar error, I'll correct it and thank them. :-) Strangely, enough, however, I don't think I've ever emailed a blogger about spelling or grammar errors. I leave them alone in their ignorance.
Just about everybody I regularly read has already done the Seven (or Eight) Random Things Meme. I'm supposed to tag seven people and it's proving to be tough to find somebody who hasn't done it already. So I'd like to challenge my readers to answer the Seven Random Things here in my comments (if you don't have a blog) or link to the one you've already done. From those who post a comment, your name will be placed in a drawing for this:
This is the same yarn I used to knit the Dragon Scale Scarf.