Aug 31

Another Anne

Anne III

This is my third Anne scarf; I’m unapologetically a pattern repeater. When I find something I like, I crochet (or knit) it more than once — and I really like this pattern (complete with both diagrams and written directions) so it’s likely this won’t be my last.

School started here a week ago for a 7th grader and a 4th grader. I’m adjusting to the new routine and the new activities that requires one of them to be at school by 6:30 a.m. “My” time starts around 7:30 a.m. and lasts till 3:30 p.m. every day, so there’s a grid that I can fill every day with tasks, errands, chores, or craft time. But I like to have something to show for myself by the end of the school year besides a bunch of check marks on a to-do list — progress toward a new challenge or skill. I have some ideas, but no solid goals yet. There’s one big commitment that I’d like to make since it’s a dream/goal I’ve had for a long time, but I guess it’s fear that’s keeping me from doing it. It’s not something I’m likely to share until it’s finished (and no, it doesn’t have anything to do with knitting or crocheting), but as I write this and record it here, I’m at least making myself think about it. Otherwise, there will be a million little things that attract my attention and time, until it becomes easy to avoid the one thing I believe I was meant to do.

1. alison says:

Writing something done is an excellent way to start to make it more real. Dreams are so good for us. I hope you will find the courage to step towards it and that it will be everything you hoped.

2. LoVe the butter yellow Anne…thanks for the class,
    ….still working on mine…blessings, jessica

I’m always so inspired by your color choices. This one is so fresh and really pops!

Another nice little Anne scarf! Best of success with your goals and dreams! I love that!

5. erin says:

The yellow is fantastic. You wear colours so well!
    Best wishes on your ideas / goals / challenges.

6. LOVE the yellow — might be my favorite one yet.

7. Cassy says:

I too am an “unapologetic pattern repeater.” I like what I like! I made Ysolda’s Ripley hat four times so far. :) Your scarf is beautiful!

I am with you on being a pattern repeater- especially if I find one that I love (ahem- lace leaf scarf) That yellow looks great on you. Godspeed on your goal/wish!

9. Such a lovely colorway! I am most certainly a pattern repeater, at the moment I am happily repeating a lovely feather and fan pattern scarf pattern:o)

Happy weekend to you!

Smiles….

Beverly

I really don’t like yellow, but that’s a pretty yellow and you wear the color well!! You are so darn cute!

11. [...] useful neckwear this past week includes the Just Enough Ruffles (get the pattern here), my yellow Anne scarf, and my Spring Festival [...]