Sep 18

Newborn Sweater : Cleckheaton Cocoon

Cleckheaton Sweater
[ Project details on Ravelry ]

Cleckheaton was an unfamiliar brand to me until the shop started carrying their Cocoon fingering weight yarn for baby knits. It’s an Australian merino and nylon yarn that’s perfect for baby knits and for my first-ever sweater for a newborn. The pattern I chose is from Cleckheaton’s 951 pattern book. It’s knit from sleeve to sleeve in one piece. I finished it last week and all I needed was a cute button to finish it (thanks, Eve!):

Cleckheaton Sweater

See? Gender neutral can still be cute.

1. Rose Red says:

Cleckheaton is a fairly staple Australian brand – nice to see it is available in the US. Funny though, I always thought that Coccoon was all acrylic! Nice to see it isn’t! I’ll have to have another look at it next time I go to the shops!

The button is very cute!

Thanks so much! I loved discovering Cleckheaton for the first time – and yes, do check it out. Color selection is limited, but the colors they do have are perfect for baby knits.

2. Katie says:

That button is ADORABLE. Super-cute sweater!

3. jerri says:

Ok, this is the freaking cutest thing I’ve ever seen! The button is so perfect. Nice work, Janet!

oh how adorable!! You did good Janet!

5. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Janet, steven hollinshead. steven hollinshead said: Newborn Sweater : Cleckheaton Cocoon « Twisted Knitter http://bit.ly/bxjOzT […]

You are going to be the best nana ever! This is so lovely.

7. That is indeed a cute gender neutral knit! The button is the perfect finishing touch.

8. Vanessa says:

I cannot get over how cute that sweater is! I just love the simplicity of it.

I’ve never tried that brand either. It’s looking very comfy and cozy there–I’ll have to check it out!

10. Sallie says:

As I said on Friday, very cute. The button is perfect. I love how this yarn feels. That is going to be a very lucky baby.

11. Yoda says:

*That* is adorable!!

12. Rebecca says:

It’s just so gorgeous, ahhh, baby knits always make me a little weak at the knees, I think they may just be the most satisfaction a knitter can have, tiny little stitches of perfection.

13. Debbie Deatherage says:

So cute! I have a funny feeling we’re going to be seeing many more baby knits from you.

14. […] good. I couldn’t wait any longer to share him with you. And, yes, I have photos of him in his newborn sweater. I’ll be posting those soon. Would you like to see the awesome blanket that my Twisted Yarns […]

15. So cute! I have that pattern, but I haven’t tried it as yet. I’ve got some friends with babies on the way that I may test it out on. 🙂 Congrats on the grandson!!