Nov 19

Still going strong

Still going strong

It’s that time of year in the greater Houston area — when temperatures range from overnight lows in the 30′s to daytime highs of the 70′s and low 80′s. My favorite scarves and shawls come out and many get a bath and re-blocking.

When I wore the green scarf this past week, we had a bit of sunlight after two rather dreary days, so I chased the rays around the house like a cat before the sun could disappear behind a cloud again.

Other useful neckwear this past week includes the Just Enough Ruffles (get the pattern here), my yellow Anne scarf, and my Spring Festival Scarf.

What’s keeping you warm this winter?

1. Kylie says:

Gorgeous scarf…such a pretty shade of green. We’re heading into summer here, so I’m knitting for next winter!

uh, I think you forgot to send me back the green scarf you borrowed back!

That is just beautiful! I’ve been wearing more sweaters than scarves, but I need to pull out the latter. I really liked the Just Enough Ruffles, and your mod made it even more “just enough.” I’m going to have to make one!

Thank you, Vy! No doubt you’ve been wearing sweaters the past couple of days :-) The Just Enough Ruffles is a quick knit – even if you do the ruffles per the pattern. Since the shop now has Ravelry Red (in the Rios), I’m tempted to make another.

That will be one of those scarves you will just have forever! Beautiful. Hmm..what is keeping my neck warm? Lace Leaf scarf and Cinnamon Grace. Hopefully a few more!

5. Debbie says:

That green is a very cheerful color.

6. Michelle says:

I’d love to treat myself to a pair of signature needles. How do you decide which ones to go with? I use so many and knit so often tha I don’t have one particular size or style I use most?

Hi Michelle – for me it was easy. I prefer to knit with straights when I’m knitting lace scarves, so I prefer the needles in smaller gauges (3, 4, 5) when I work with laceweight yarns. Think about your favorite types of projects and go from there! Although I haven’t tried them yet, they do make circular needles now. The DPNs are great too!

7. Debbie Deatherage says:

So pretty! Love the color–I love circs, I use them for everything. I’m afraid I would put out people’s eyes, because I would be throwing a needle at the end of every row!