Jul 04

Yes, really

Kimono Girl

Your eyes don’t deceive you — this really is the first post I’ve written in over two weeks! I’ve spared you a lot of non-knitting content, but I figured that some of you who know me outside of the knitting community might be okay with yet another random update (that is . . . my sisters).

My biggest achievement the past two weeks: acknowledging that there are some uncomfortable, unpleasant things I need to do if I want to change my situation. Metaphorically speaking, do you pull off the bandage quickly or do you cue the histrionics and do it ever-so-slowly? Me? I’d rather experience a lot of pain if it’s over in an instant than prolong the suspense and agony. But the past couple of months, I’ve been uncharacteristically trying to ignore and hide the pain (from myself . . . it was evident to others). So, things have festered.

This post is deliberately vague to protect the innocent, by the way.

Anyway: Progress. Baby steps. And a tiny bit of momentum toward positive changes.

I miss knitting (and crocheting) SO much. Last month I bought the yarn and pattern to knit this: Zipline Shell, with Classic Elite Cotton Bam Boo (Vanilla).

I also bought The Knitter, UK (Issue 32) because I loved a couple of the sweaters: Leaf Cable Top and a pattern from an insert that came with the magazine: The Jan Sweater, by Susan Crawford (the pattern also appears in A Stitch in Time, Volume 2). Last month I saw this sweater modeled by Gail her blog and absolutely loved it!

Somebody asked in an email last week what nail polish I was wearing — and although I wasn’t wearing any at the time, I applied Hard Candy‘s “Beetle” later that day:

Hard Candy : Beetle

It’s a dupe (duplicate) of Orly Space Cadet at about half the price. And I loved it!

Here are some additional blog entries featuring Beetle on others: at 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic, Gesso Scientist, and at Lovelyish.

1. Stacey says:

((hugs)) I went with sparkler blue for the holiday. I hope you have a good day, whatever your circumstances. Love ya!

2. Gerry says:

Love this polish.
    You are one of the main reasons I began amassing polish.
    Love to color my nails.
    hugs

3. kim says:

I hope that your situation improves soon, Janet. Happy 4th to you!

4. erin says:

I’m often in ostrich mode – if I bury my head in the sand and pretend, maybe things will resolve themselves. Sometimes it works, sometimes not :)
    Other times I want instant resolution and charge like a bull … and then regret later :)
    Hope that everything works out beautifully for you!
    By the way, that issue of Knitter seems like a good buy.

Hey love. I hope whatever decision you make, turns out to be what is right for you. Only you will know what will work out. Crossing my fingers for you and sending you love.
    Now on the project ideas, I am loving the Zipline sweater and I think it would look fantastic on you.

Pull the bandage off fast! It will hurt for just a little bit! Love ya

I hope whatever sad thing you’re going through now works itself out soon, sounds like you are giving it a thoughtful process and I wish you the best. Knitting and nail polish does help ease pain, don’t ya think?

8. Jennie says:

always good to hear from you!!
    you are an awesome person and I hope your current troubles have resolved themselves and things are looking up :)

Happy belated birthday, Janet! Forty seven is a good age to be. Hope your day was filled with all of the things you love. Have been without a computer for months but not anymore! Hope things get better for you.
    xo
    carol

10. Debbie says:

Hey Sweetie,

I’m one of those that plows through it headlong with intenseness. Sucks like hell while in it but definitely better than feeling the diluted stuff for months/years on end. I’m there with you in spirit cheering you on.