Jun 16

Ann Norling #35: Feather and Fan

I started this blanket over a year ago and the intended recipient is already one year old. I’m sure I’m not the only knitter to have ever done this, right? My kids all loved blankets well into their grade school years and my daughter still has her favorite blanket, so I think it will still be well received.

It was my first time using Cascade Pacific, a machine-washable blend of merino (40%) and acrylic (60%). As soon as it was off the needles, I washed it on the delicate cycle with a small squirt of Soak (Lacey) and dried it in my dryer — it laundered beautifully. It’s a great choice for baby afghans.

The pattern is a classic and I’ve used it before — Fantastic Eyelet Crib Blanket.

Purple Feather and Fan

Feather and Fan with Cascade Pacific

What about you? What are your favorite blanket patterns for babies?

Even though I had it on the needles for over a year, it’s actually a quick knit. The pattern is easily memorized and it’s great TV knitting. I don’t knit much while I’m in school, so I’m catching up on my WIPs now that it’s summer. I have a lot to share (and not all of it is knitting — think jewelry!)

Feather & Fan

Feather & Fan with Cascade Pacific

1. Gail says:

That’s so pretty! I love Feather and Fan – it’s both pretty and interesting to knit. Fantastic color!

Welcome back! Love feather and fan anything.

What a lovely blanket! Glad you are getting a little “me” time with your knitting this summer.

4. LynneW says:

What a gorgeous combination of color and pattern!

One of my friends just became a grandma for the first time, and I made this http://knitting-crochet.com/babbla.html blanket. I used Plymouth Dream Baby white DK pompadour yarn (has the shiny thread spun with the plain).

I love the Feather and Fan look and will have to check out Ann’s pattern. I especially like your garter-stitch border to square it off.

Such a lovely blanket! I’m currently knitting a baby garnment in a similar color as your blanket and a Chalice blanket in beige! Baby knitting too. I hope I will be on time even though I too always think that there is plenty of time!

I have my favorite blanket made for ME, by my sister JANET!

7. Anita says:

Gorgeous blanket, I wouldn’t worry that it took too long
    to knit, we’ve all done that. It will be loved whenever the
    lucky person gets it. Lovely pattern and colour.
    Cheers, Anita.

I miss you! In real life and online. <3

9. Sanja says:

Lovely blanket. I always knit mine in boring cotton and a knit stitch and garder stitch border.

LoveofCuteness

10. domain says:

Hey there, You have done a great job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.